Skip to main content

Oxigen Proteas kick off bumper T20 Season 04/07/2015

Cricket South Africa Facebook Post:

The opening T20 International against Bangladesh at the Shere Bangla National Cricket Stadium on Sunday marks the start of an important season for the Oxigen Proteas’ squad. The series-opener is the first of 12 T20I’s the Proteas will be contesting this season, culminating with the ICC World Twenty20 in India in March. South Africa are currently ranked 6th on the ICC T20 team standings, and will have opportunities against New Zealand, India, England and Australia to further their gains up the rankings before the World event.

“It’s the start of the season for us,” captain, Faf du Plessis said to the media in Mirpur on Saturday. “A lot of the guys haven’t played a lot of cricket, except for the guys that played in the IPL, so everyone is coming in fresh, that’s what you need in T20 cricket. It’s a big year for Test cricket and T20 cricket in the lead-up to the Twenty20 World Cup next year. The ODI’s are still important but you will see one or two opportunities being given to younger guys to make sure we are looking ahead to four years’ time.

“It’s nice from a captaincy point of view that the T20’s have a bit of importance this season, last year the focus was on one-day cricket,” he added. “Last year there were a lot of senior players who were rested so it’s nice to have them back as we plan for the season ahead.”

The Proteas’ last appearance at the Shere Bangla National Stadium was the semi-final encounter against India in the ICC Twenty20 World Cup last year, where India chased down a competitive total of 172.  Du Plessis says it will be important to adapt quickly to the conditions presented on the day.

“On the day you have to assess what the pitch is like,” he explained. “We haven’t played here for a while, the last game we played here was during the World Twenty20. We have to make the decisions on the day, hopefully it’s a good wicket. If it’s low and slow we will have to adapt accordingly.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AB de Villiers has notched his 23rd ODI century.

Congratulations AB De Villiers   Commentators call him Superman. And the Superman likes the Indian bowlers. Crushing the likes of Harbhajan and Bhuvneshwar with playing some really innovative shots, AB de Villiers has notched his 23rd ODI century, 6th against India on Sunday. Watch and Enjoy! And also "AB" is regarded as the best batsman playing cricket in the world. Ab de villiers is the only player

IND VS SA 2nd ODI Live Streaming Online.

I ND VS SA 2nd ODI Live Streaming Online. India vs South Africa Match scheduled to begin at 13:30 local time (08:00 GMT) India vs South Africa 2nd ODI  is scheduled for a 1.30 pm local time (10 am SAST. 9 am BST, 4 am ET) start.  DD National, Star Sports 1 and   Star Sports 3 (Hindi commentary)  will show the  2nd ODI match live in India . Audience in India can also watch the this key matchup in Indore via  live streaming online  on  Starsports.com   and  Hotstar . Viewers in South Africa  can flip their remotes to  SuperSport , with the online  live stream option  on  SuperSport Live . Watch the second one-day international live in the Middle East and North Africa on  OSN Sports , while all the action can also be  live streamed  on   OSN Play .

South Africa tour of India series schedule, 2015

South Africa tour of India series schedule, 2015 OCT 02, 2015 6:30 AM India vs South Africa 1st T20I at Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala South Africa won by 7 wkts OCT 05, 2015 6:30 AM India vs South Africa 2nd T20I at Barabati Stadium, Cuttack South Africa won by 6 wkts OCT 08, 2015 6:30 AM India vs South Africa 3rd T20I at Eden Gardens, Kolkata Match abandoned without a ball being bowled